Hawk’s Nest Homeowners Association
April 21, 2013
7:30pm – 8:14pm
7684 Quetzal Drive
Jim Ash, President
Julie Battles, Treasurer
Tanya Ash, Acting Secretary & Landscape Chairperson
- Jim Ash called the meeting to order.
- All acts of the board occurring prior to the meeting were discussed and approved and ratified. The board further voted to defend and indemnify the members of the board for all prior acts.
- Julie Battles presented the Treasurer’s report for 2013 thus far. Thirteen homeowners still have outstanding dues. Julie will be sending out letters this week to those homeowners offering them a chance to appear before the board if they have circumstances where they cannot pay at this time. Julie was able to find an accountant who filed our Association’s taxes for $200.
- Tanya Ash presented the landscape proposal from Brickman for improving the Jacana entrance and the four beds along Avery road. Jim Ash asked if the homeowner at the Jacana entrance was agreeable to the improvements. Tanya Ash stated that she had sent the plans in an e-mail and had received approval from the homeowner via same. Jim Ash called for a vote on using Brickman’s proposal. All those present said “Aye”
- Julie Battles presented the 2013 Budget for approval. The only way to accomplish the landscaping improvements within budget is for the landscaping committee to take on much of the work themselves. We will be performing our own repairs to the landscape lighting, purchasing and installing mulch ourselves, as well as dividing, transplanting, and replacing plants and shrubs as needed, and planting our fall floral display ourselves. The landscape committee will also hang and remove the Christmas lights. Even by doing most of the work ourselves this year, we will still have to dip into our cash reserves by $2,000 in order to be able to make the improvements and stain all the mailboxes. Jim Ash called for a vote on the 2013 Budget. All those present said “Aye”.
- Tanya Ash reported that the City has agreed to treat the Ash trees along Quetzal Drive this Spring. This is a two-year treatment. She reported that the City also agreed to replace the two dead Serviceberry trees to the left of our Brand road entrance. This work should be performed by mid-summer. Tanya stated that there were many repairs needed to the lighting at the Brand Road entrance due to children sledding through our entrance beds last winter. There are also many lights out at the Muirfield entrance and she stated that she would change the bulbs and see if that corrected the problem.
- Jim Ash asked if we would be applying for a “Neighborhood Beautification Grant” to make improvements at the Brand road entrance this year. Tanya Ash said she needed to get more bids and fine-tune the design in order to see if the project was feasible given our budget limitations. We will revisit this later in the year.
- The meeting was adjourned.